Garage Conversion- How to bring the floor up to house level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
I plan on taking up some of my garage to convert it into a master bath. My garage is fairly big so even after building the room to my specs, i still have room for a car. The master bath is going to be in an L-shape. My garage is about 18 feet wide. For the long part of the bath, I plan on running the floor joists all the way across the garage. My foundation is elevated to about 18 inches above ground level and the garage floor is poured cement so that shouldnt be a problem. My questions are, what size of floor joists do I need to run 18' wide and how far apart should I run supports across the floor joists? Also, what is the best idea to support the corner of the bath that is not ran all the way across to the other side of the garage? Thanks for your input ahead of time.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back