Garage Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an attached garage at the side of my house (see pic) any one know if I will need planning permission to convert it into a utility room? The walls will need to rasied becasue of ground height differance and a proper pitched roof installed.
Neil

Sponsored Links
It might do depending on the final height of new roof. PD specifies no more than 4m on side extensions. I appreciate it already exists but the roof may be taken into consideration. It may also need PP if your PD rights have been removed, you will need to check with you LA.

Oh and you need BRegs!

It might do depending on the final height of new roof. PD specifies no more than 4m on side extensions. I appreciate it already exists but the roof may be taken into consideration. It may also need PP if your PD rights have been removed, you will need to check with you LA.

Oh and you need BRegs!
3m is the limit for the eaves if within 2m of the boundary all here, http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/extensions/ as mentioned check with your planning dept, ask them "does my property retain its full Permitted Development rights".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back