Garage Door recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Anyone have any recommendations on a good garage door? I am currently inclined towards the Hormann sectional garage door, but I don't really have much experience in this field, so could use some advice.

My primary requirement is that it must be well insulated and has good acoustic properties, since I will be using the building as a workshop. I also don't want a handle on the outside, since it's facing out into a back alley, anyone can come along and try to yank the darn thing.

Sponsored Links
I've just bought the same door, I can really recommend it & the installer was telling me that in the 12 years he has been installing them he has come across several attempted break ins but none that were successful.I'm fairly sure not having an external handle was an option. They are really strong & well secured when fitted correctly.
However if you are not worried about the aesthetics of the door then the heavy duty roller doors are probably the most secure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back