Garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a double garage at the side of my house and ten years or so ago built a workshop extension on the side with a pair of wooden opening doors that look just like the adjoining fence. I didnlt get planning permission so made it blend in so no-one knows it's there. In fact from the outside it's a pair of fence panels cut down to four feet wide and it just looks like a fence.

But time's marched on and the wood's now getting a bit rotten and I'm intending to take all the fence and doors down and replace them probably with shiplap.

I don't have a problem with actually building the fence and doors, but this time I want to make the garage door an up and over door with an electric opener since I now use the workshop to park my kit car in.

So here's the question. I've got about seven feet height in the workshop and need an up and over mechanism plus an electric door opening kit. Any advice especially as to where to buy these bits please. Getting the electric opener seems straightforward enough c£250 (seem right??) but I can't seem to find the up & over mechanism

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Dazb, I'll give them a call in the morning, being Bank Holiday I guess they won't be there today. I'll let you know what I find out.

And only about 25 miles from me.

Good find that man. Again, thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back