Garage Extension - Insulation & Door Reveal Detail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question regarding the construction / insulation detail for a garage extension & change of use proposal.

I am proposing to extend my existing attached garage - and apply for a change of use to a part of the existing garage into a habitable space.

The existing garage wall is 9" brick. I intend to insulate the COU space internally - and follow this though into the garage space to keep me a least a little but warm in the winter :)

To maintain the insulation without break - I intended to match the construction for the new wall forming the garage extension. I'm assuming this would be accepted by BC? I'm just a little confused about the detail for the garage door reveals with respect to the insulation. Would this be the correct way to detail this aspect?

Sponsored Links
Yes, that will be OK.

You have a bit of insulation there at the reveal, so it will do

Cheers Woody

I intend installing a sectional garage door - the channels of which sit on the inside wall - so I guess it would look something like this?

On the other side of the door a slim wall will need to be built which will abut to an existing cavity wall. How should this be detailed to reduce cold bridging? This isn't the best solution I guess...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back