Garage Roof Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

To cut a long story short a long time ago I had a workshop at the side of my garage and when an extension was build over to my garage they took a way my workshop. The garage/workshop roof is a concrete slab and however they did it they caused a crack to on my garage roof. It was checked at the time by a structural engineer and declared safe.

I've created a shared folder here https://goo.gl/photos/wY4Ej9pWxNUMayLKA

However, since then its been leaking when we have rain and I tried in the past to coat the underneath with some 'stuff'. Can't remember what it was but I'm sure it was roof sealant.

Anyway, decided I'll do a temp repair to the top as the sealant I applied underneath didn't work all those years ago and I have time now.

Problem is I've scraped the stones away from the top surface and can't find any cracks aligned to the ones underneath. Looks like its a bitumen surface and the couple of holes you see in the pics is where my spade has knocked the surface.

Anyone go any helpful ideas how I can find the cracks on the surface until I have the money to have the roof redone?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Seems to me you will be pi$$ing in the wind. Buy a large cheap tarp and cover it until you have saved up.

What do you think?
I think you will end up with a leaky roof covered in black mess rather than a leaky roof you can walk on.
Your black coating will split and allow water back in the minute temperatures are fluctuating again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back