Garden fence height?

Fox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the back garden there is a 4ft perimeter fence with 20+ft high conifers and down one side running the length of the garden and house, so you can walk to font garden down the side of house, is a 4ft fence with 6-8ft bushes.
So obviously cos i own the house the council wont trim it back when they do other trimming jobs :evil: , and the public footpath runs round my house.
So I want to remove the conifers and bushes, that overgrow and all different heights, and the fence and put up a taller/tallest flat panelled fence for privacy and less maintenance plus greater garden space for my dogs. Also as mine is the end terrace its the first thing you see big conifers and bushes,and i've noticed kids smokin in the shelter of them and hanging round them so gotta do something.

Sponsored Links
Err, you need to actually ask a question. That's what this is for.
garden fence height?
how high can i go? der?(question mark usually meaning a question to be followed by an answer)

But there is no question mark in your orinal text :confused:

In the back garden there is a 4ft perimeter fence with 20+ft high conifers and down one side running the length of the garden and house, so you can walk to font garden down the side of house, is a 4ft fence with 6-8ft bushes.
So obviously cos i own the house the council wont trim it back when they do other trimming jobs :evil: , and the public footpath runs round my house.
So I want to remove the conifers and bushes, that overgrow and all different heights, and the fence and put up a taller/tallest flat panelled fence for privacy and less maintenance plus greater garden space for my dogs. Also as mine is the end terrace its the first thing you see big conifers and bushes,and i've noticed kids smokin in the shelter of them and hanging round them so gotta do something.

Sponsored Links
pick up the phone and ask the council. der! :rolleyes:
i thought i'd ask here, see if anyone done the same or similar and what they did, some idea, not to read smart arse comments on post, and if your gonna ridicule go on bleedin MSN or somethin, critisism-NO,
structural critisim- YES.
if your no help dont bother :eek:

Not really enough information Fox. Usually you can put up a 2 metre fence if you are far enough from the road but there are different planning regulations for fences which are close to or abut paths and roads. A lot depends on the local authority so your best bet is to ask their planning department what their take on it is.

If noone has come knocking on your door about your umpteen foot high hedge it's a good pointer that you can have your 2m fence but best to make sure first. Around where I live it's quite common for the council to ignore unkempt hedges but enforce the rules on fences and walls.

pick up the phone and ask the council. der! :rolleyes:
i thought i'd ask here, see if anyone done the same or similar and what they did, some idea, not to read smart a**e comments on post, and if your gonna ridicule go on bleedin MSN or somethin, critisism-NO,
structural critisim- YES.
if your no help dont bother :eek:

it was advice as the planning dept will give you a clear and succint answer, which is more than you can say for your rambling opener. I would have given you the answer but after the reply to wabbit poo, you can work it out yourself. Funnily enough many people who give advice on here do so in their time to help others out, so perhaps you might want to think about that before you get too sarcastic

i thought i'd ask here, see if anyone done the same or similar and what they did,

and that is what you got.

my statement still stands, there is no question mark in your text.

Yes your title does have a question mark but since it only says

Garden fence height?
it does not give any information,
is it your garden fence height? your neigbours fence height?

you then decided to tell us all when after being asked you wrote

garden fence height?
how high can i go? der?

You have to bear in mind, we are not you, we do not know what you are thinking, so we can only go by what you type, which takes me back to where i started, your text has no question mark.

have a nice day, and bear it in mind for any future questions

i thought i'd ask here, see if anyone done the same or similar and what they did,

and that is what you got.

my statement still stands, there is no question mark in your text.

Yes your title does have a question mark but since it only says

Garden fence height?
it does not give any information,
is it your garden fence height? your neigbours fence height?

you then decided to tell us all when after being asked you wrote

garden fence height?
how high can i go? der?

You have to bear in mind, we are not you, we do not know what you are thinking, so we can only go by what you type, which takes me back to where i started, your text has no question mark.

have a nice day, and bear it in mind for any future questions
omg??????????????????????it was a starting point to carry on the thread, your the one that started picking holes, dont think i'll bother, thanks for 'pullin it down before it was built!'

:confused: This thread reminds me of why I have pretty much abandoned this site - its full of people who want a quick answer without a) any of their own research, b) bothering to read what they have typed or c) expect contributors to read their minds and take it personally when one askes for clarification.

One shouldn't be surprised there as many nut jobs and to$$ers as in the "real" world, I suppose!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back