Garden gate to concrete fence post?

MT1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Need to replace garden gate for someone. The existing one self closes onto concrete post, hinges off of post attached to house exterior.

They want it replaced which is simple enough, but they want a push button codelock handle on it, so it will need to close onto a flush surface in order to latch, so I can't copy the existing design.

What would be better here? I've come up with the idea of creating a wooden carcass around the concrete post, enabling me to screw a baton onto it, but how to attach? I don't want to drill the concrete post, it would probably crack it.

Would an industrial adhesive work?

Another idea would be to put another wooden post in, bolted to the concrete pavement, adjacent to the concrete post but I believe this will create an unnecessary gap between fence panel and wooden post, and lessen the room between house and fence.

Or, attach wooden post to fence panel, but that idea sounds too flimsy.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

IMG_1001.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back