Garden Plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We've got a detached garage. I'd like to stick 2 or 3 water butts behind it (raised up to give water pressure), with a tap at the front of the building - so I need to run pipes. I'll probably do the plumbing with 22mm plastic, but there're two things I haven't worked out:
- how can I connect from a rain-diverter on the downpipe?
- how do I connect to the water butts - presumably tank connectors won't work on the curved plastic of the butt?

Thanks for any pointers,
Adam

Sponsored Links
Well, I've changed plans slightly. I'm going to use blue MDPE and hope that a 25mm straight connector will work with the rain diverter. I'm also going to use a second hand IBC as the water butt, so that avoids problems with curved plastic etc.

However, I do still have one problem... For one bit of the plan, I'm going to divert all of the water from a short section of gutter so want to connect the blue pipe to the gutter. Any ideas? I was thinking about fitting a tank connector to a capped running running outlet...

Does anyone know where I can find a cap for a standard 68mm round downpipe? (Or, in fact 65mm as the running outlet has a reduced-size to accept the 68mm pipe...)

Cheers,
Adam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back