Garden room DIY epdm (tricky?) vs 3 layer felt by roofer mate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am planning a garden room and am thinking about options for roofing. Its a flat roof so I have asked a roofer mate to quote me for 3 layer felt (he doesnt do rubber!). I am also looking at a permaroof EPDM DIY kit which comes in at about 250 for the lot - the room is roughly garage sized. I cant see my mates price coming close to this. My question is really, how tricky is it to do the DIY on this. The guarantees on the rubber stuff are 50 years- if I get half of that , its still double what you'd get out of felt. The working height is under 2500 and the construction is SIPS panels so should be ok to work on. Any thoughts gladly accepted. Ta.

Sponsored Links
Simples if its a basic flat roof, but if you have skylights or other obstacles then you may come unstuck.

Yep its flat about 5x3. The quote was 1250, think im gonna be givin it a go!!

If you can roll a rug out in front of the fireplace, then you can lay EPDM.

If your mate is a mate, then surely he can adapt his technique from rolling out a roll of bitumen, to rolling out a roll of EPDM and lend a mate a hand.

Sponsored Links
It's a doddle, layed a 4m X 7m roof on my own, but it' bloody heavy at that size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back