GARDEN STRIMMER ADVICE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a new garden strimmer. My gardens not very tidy ie have weedy grass rather than a lawn :confused: My old strimmer hardly touched it. Any advice what to look for please or is your model any good? Id rather not have a petrol one though.
Thanks, Heather. x :)

Sponsored Links
if it's tough stuff then something with a solid blade rather than a string might be better..

Sponsored Links
I've got a Bosch Art I think its called and has those plastic clip on blades and I think its great. I got the rechargeable one which does all the corners and edges on a 80ft garden no problem . Found the cord/line ones rubbish and a pain to use

Feather - this is a plea for all the frogs and toads likely to be in the long grass ... "we don't like strimmers". Why not do a 'walk-through' first and save a few lives of these wonderful creatures?

I don't have a pond, neither do my neighbours
I live on the crest of a hill, only 2 other houses are at the same elevation as me and all surrounding ones are downhill..

so if there's a frog in my long grass then he really has no reason to be there.. it's not like it's on the path from one pond to another..

You dont happen to know the watts on your strimmer do you, so I can search that particular model? :?: Theres Bosch Art 23, 26, 30 loads. Its just Im watching a few on Ebay and if I know the Watts power I should be able to work out your model. You're the second person to recommend the Bosch Art.
Dont worry about the frogs, I only need to strim the very edges round my garden, theres no ponds or water near my house for miles. Ive never had one in my garden before but I promise to be careful anyway. :)

You dont happen to know the watts on your strimmer do you, so I can search that particular model? :?: Theres Bosch Art 23, 26, 30 loads. Its just Im watching a few on Ebay and if I know the Watts power I should be able to work out your model. You're the second person to recommend the Bosch Art.
Dont worry about the frogs, I only need to strim the very edges round my garden, theres no ponds or water near my house for miles. Ive never had one in my garden before but I promise to be careful anyway. :)

Hi I assume this was for me

The one I have got is the Easytrim 23 I think and has a 14.4V battery. No idea on wattage but this is the link from where I bought it last year

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-ART-2..._1_10?ie=UTF8&s=garden&qid=1240840042&sr=8-10

Even when the blade chip off the pointy bit when you hit something (I have sleepers all round the garden) you can still use the remaining blade - works really well and no line to worry about or cords to plug in

How about instead of spending money on a strimmer, simply remove 5 inches of turf around your edges, membrane and chippings/slate.

That's what i'll be doing next weekend as i hate strimming!

How about instead of spending money on a strimmer, simply remove 5 inches of turf around your edges, membrane and chippings/slate.

That's what i'll be doing next weekend as i hate strimming!
What about the edge from the slate to the grass?

I am going to use some of that plastic edging, not sure which one yet as there are many types. you could use many types of edging or just leave it and re cut it every 4 months or so.

easiest way is to pay a gardener to come in and clear your garden then buy a cheap strimmer that way you can maintain it yor self without having to buy a powerfull strimmer that you noy likely to use that often

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back