garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi its the first time i have used this site,please can anyone help i have neighbours who have built decking that looks over my garden and kitchen when they are stood on it by 3ft its more a stage than decking only its not built near the house but on a slope at top of garden,the housing know we have had problems with these people my sons autistic and is terrified of dogs now there dog over looks my 6ft fence by 2ft so boy cannot play out i know the housing have said they can keep it even though i think it needs planning permission due to privacy laws and i know they have not applied for this,the housing came out and said they would higher my 6ft fence by 1ft but i need at least 3ft to get my privacy back,they said cant do that need planning permission even though i also think they needed the same and just did it any way please can anyone give me some advice.

Sponsored Links
Planning permission is nothing to do with the housing executive/company. Complain to the planning service, be careful though because if you start that process your relationship with neighbour will only get worse and worse but it doesn;t sound too chummy at the minute...

Also why are 'the housing' as you call them offering to pay for work which is only needed as a result of another tenants unauthorized decking?

thankyou for your help,i think the housing know they have messed up and are hoping i will just take the 1ft,im not on good terms with neighbours anyway,they are on asb contracts due to how these people act and are not allowed to aproach me,i have informed my local counclor of this so i am hoping he will sort this but the structure is pathetic who in the right mind builds something that is that high they them selves have no privacy on it?the housing even told me they think it was only built to intimidate me but yet have agreed to it,do you think the council will act due to these privacy laws then?

Sponsored Links
You need to contact the local planning service which will be part of your local council.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back