Gardtec 300/500 series - Alarm will NOT activate when armed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the 360 series control panel with several PIR detectors downstairs and up with a remote keypad.

Out of the blue i am unable to activate the alarm.

The usual technique for activating the alarm: when the display shows SE, key in the user code and press YES, the display shows E (with 3 bars) and then alternate bleeps warning me to leave with a 1 in the display. When i leave and close the front door, i hear the alternate bleeps become a single tone and alarm is active.

Just last night all i get is the E (with 3 bars) and a continuous tone, i am unable to set the alarm. I have looked in the log and there is nothing unusual, it all appears normal.

Can anyone shed some light as to what could be the problem please?

I have checked the PIR by waving my hand or entering the room and watching for the built in LED to light, which is does for all PIR detectors. I have not yet put the system in test to verify the PIR detectors.

I have (visually) checked the fuse in the control board and it appears to be fine, (i can see the wire through the glass tube).

The outside bell has the usual green strobe, which it does normally anyway.

I have not as yet checked any voltages across the board, but then i do not know what i am looking for (guessing 240V input is a start).

Can anyone advise an ex sparky what i need to check. I (think i) have the circuit diagram for the main board and the keypad.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sticking door contact?

Try the setting and walk into a room, bet it bleeps.
Then re do with the door and it stays the same, as in no bleeps

New door contact needed.

Ahhhh , Gardtec, got to the 370 keypad , get the display to show Un (day mode) Enter your code and SE should blink , hit NO till tE is Blinks , then hit yes , if 1 sounds an alert tone , Take alarms advice and change the D/C. If not open the door a few times and close it, every time the door is opened it should display the zone number / symbol and sound the alert tone.

Keep us posted
Madman

Sponsored Links
Depending if the code you use is master, user , or set level only , User i think can test ( I may stand corrected ) as i cant remember , but set level only , well thats self exp

Master code as in the code that i usually use to arm and disarm the alarm???

I will try TEST the alarm now... back in 2 minutes

DONT PRESS 9 WHILST IN TEST , thats sets the bell / strobe test off.

Not at this time anyhow

User level codes may only access the following options:-
SET
This option allows the system to be Fully Set.
UNSET
This option allows the system to be Unset.
PART SET

WE have been thru this b4.

You cannot user program , im pretty sure you can test and change your own code aswell as set , only set would be set level only

OK, i have performed the test and checked all the PIR detectors and they all caused the keypad to beep and display their ZONE number.

Tried to arm the system but still the same problem!

:(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back