Gardtec 300 engineer required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently moved home to Fort William and have a Gardtec 300 with no instructions or pin numbers, when the power went of recently for 10 minutes we cold not disable the alarm. Can anyone help with instructions how to reset the pin numbers or give details for an engineer who can visit and resolve the issue please.
Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
pm'ing you too.
My house has a 300 installed (the one with no screen/digit, just lights) been working for years! I didnt fit it so dont know much about it. I have my UC but id like to know how to put it into engineers mode (or similar) to silence the bell when ive turned off the main power to the house. Ive been redecorating and the battery backup siren just sounds.

Would like a tip on stripping it out too, and stop it from going off as i do it. If anyone can help, thatll be great.

Try replacing the back up battery in the panel, that's what it is there for ! The engineer code won't make any difference...

Sponsored Links
So what mode do i need to put it into to remove the front panel or turn off the anti tamper? Cos itll just sound when i open it up to see what battery i need or to change it.

Also when i lower the ceiling throughout the downstairs of the house, all the pirs will need to be removed temporarily, or at least off the corners to allow for work, what mode do you use then? What mode silences the alarm during testing/work?

The panel doesnt respond when the powers off, therefore i cant input my code. Inputting the code prior to turning off the power doesnt work either unless there is a menu or selection i need to make, which i dont know about, hence why i PMd you regarding the use manual. Nevermnd i can tell youre not wanting to help, by your ignorance and bluntness. Sorry to have bothered you.

As before try replacing the battery , what magic is going to keep the panel going when the power is off ! A small mouse on a wheel ? Have told you what is required but you seem too dim to take it in ! OR pay some one to come and sort it for you .....

As before try replacing the battery , what magic is going to keep the panel going when the power is off ! A small mouse on a wheel ? Have told you what is required but you seem too dim to take it in ! OR pay some one to come and sort it for you .....
QFA

Hi there

Single mum and first time buyer here - Gardtec 300 alarm with no codes or access to it. Worried it's going to go off and we'll not be able to turn off - and i see that has happened to the OP. Would love it if i could have a copy of the manual please @sparkymarka so i can call out an engineer.

Thanks for all the free advice you're giving out here!

If you are calling an engineer tell him what control panel you have and should source the correct engineering manual.

Post a picture of the control panel ….it could be a 350 or 370 …different manuals

Hi there thanks for your replies.
Here’s a photo of it:

Attachments

• 5006B992-BBEA-412D-8D47-CF27E1849798.jpeg
    5006B992-BBEA-412D-8D47-CF27E1849798.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 115
thanks i found that online. another question: i see from reading your other posts that there is an option to reactivate this alarm and use the wiring that's already in place. Would you recommend that, and, can anyone tell me approximately how much something like that would cost?

Thanks!

Frankie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back