Gardtec 350 tamper problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have just moved into a house with a Gardtec 350 alarm system, and am trying to see if it is functional. It has four detectors and a panic button. The battery is flat, so I've got another one on it's way.

There seems to be a problem with the tamper system, as the Tamper LED is permanently lit. One of the detectors has its cover missing and doesn't seem to be functioning properly (it only flashes when it detects movement rather than staying lit during the detection like the others do).

When I try to test the system the Tamper LED and Zone 4 LED flash on and off and the control box sounder goes. This isn't referred to in the manual but I am guessing that this means that zone has been tampered with? Can anyone confirm this?

I don't want to spend money on it if it is broken. Also are all detectors compatible or do I need to get a certain type to replace the broken one?

Thanks in advance

Doug.

Sponsored Links
One of the detectors has its cover missing and doesn't seem to be functioning properly
The tamper function is there to provide a warning even when the system is switched off to indicate that someone is tampering with the system, for example removing a cover, so as a cover is missing, it is correct to indicate a 'tamper'. As a test, you could link the tamper wires together at the sensor with the cover missing and see if that stops it.

The operation of the sensor LED can depend upon the make / model of sensor and how it is set up, a flash when it detects movement may be normal.

Thanks for your reply Stem,

The PIR is the same as the others so I'm quite confident that it is faulty.

New question:

Is there a compatibility difference between digital and analogue sensors? Can I use either type to replace the missing sensor?

Thanks

Doug

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back