gas boiler - "lack of burner ignition" error

NL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Wonder if I could ask some advice.

We have a Biasi Riva Compact HE gas boiler here that's suddenly decided to start started playing up.

The three flashing lights on the front are showing the error :

"Lack of burner ignition (no ignition signal from the full sequence ignition device)"

I'm not really up on boilers but it kind of sounds like some sort of sensor issue which isn't returning data..

When the lights are flashing the "lockout signal lamp" lights up on the front of the boiler which seems to indicate the boiler's intentionally shut itself off as a safety measure. I can then press the "lockout reset button" to turn off the lockout lamp which then causes the boiler to burst into life - blue flames, ignition, everything! But then a few seconds later it shuts itself off again. =(

Currently not hot water, no heating, anyone any ideas what the likely cause is?

I'm thinking this this going to be an expensive call out. =(

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your condense pipe is frozen outside, A boiling kettle may sort it out and unblock it. ;)

Ahh interesting, actually one of the neighbours mentioned having an issue with their exit pipe freezing, that could well be it. This is a first floor flat though, the exit pipe is a bit inaccessible so can't currently get a kettle to it.

Saying that I've just now tried restarting the boiler and it's now running after two hours of not working. This is the second time this fault has occurred.

How does this happen though, I wouldn't have thought the exit pipe carried very little water, certainly not enough to freeze and block the pipe?

Cheers.

Thats why they freeze up!! there is a constant trickl;e of water which in cold conditions turns to ice - which eventually causes said blockage and this cuts the boiler out p.s. water (H2O) turns form a liquid to a solid at 32'f or 0'c - source science for 4 year olds! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Actually if fitted propally, there shouldnt be a trickle at all, the boiler has a trap inside which dumps the waste all at once, to prevent freezing - Source boiler manual :rolleyes:

Sometimes freezing is unavoidable but may be worth checking how far the pipe is ran, if it has a steady slope, if the pipe is insulated or in 1 1/4 waste pipe etc

Hello,
I have the the exact same issue, and have already tried using hot kettle water, which seems to help for an hour or so, but has now stopped altogether.

i have disconnected a side bend on the pipe outside, but still does not start.

What could be the issue?

Thanks in advance

The ignition pcb is faulty. The right hand one. Bu a new one ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back