Gas Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this an ideal topic for this forum, but thought you corgi people on hear would know the answer.

I am moving units in kitchen. What i need to know is where to place my gas cooker ( so i know where to put my units ).

So i need to know what the law requires regarding clearance. My wife wants it against the wall ie the side of cooker will be against the wall no kithcen worktop on one side of cooker but i not sure if this would be allowed or legal.

What clearance is required either side of cooker plus what height should cooker hood be from the top of cooker.

Thanks

I am not fitting cooker! just doing kitchen.

Sponsored Links
regs recommend 30mm from the wall but will allow 50mm to non-combustible surface so you could tile to reduce minimum dimension to 50mm. cooker MI's will give mnimum claerences between coker and unit, no MI's leave 20mm each side, cooker hob to combustible surface above you need 760mm, if fitting a hood check its MI's as they will give minimum height to cooker, remember side clearances to wall units if fitting a high level grill use MI or leave 150mm each side if bottom of units are lower than grill

sorry typo mistakes in post, 300mm recommended to wall reduced to 50mm if non-combustible

Sponsored Links
Was that off the top of your or did you get the book from van, either way very impressive, very efficient.

oh no don't want anyone to think i'm a smart ar*e, but you know what you know if you do it every day, every install and service visit requires us to spot these things and report so we get to know a few bits and pieces off the top of the head, my missus says there's not much else in there anyway so all the gas stuff has plenty of room

But cooker clearences, thats nearly as bad as the merchant who knows all his codes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back