Gas fire - control valve stop end

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at getting our gas fire removed, it currently has a gas control valve which I need stopping off at the outlet so I can remove the fire supply. The outlet is a screw thread with an 8mm pipe running from it. Is there a simple screw thread stop end which can replace the pipe fitting?

As I am an engineer I am interested before I call in a corgi (sorry gas safe) guy to do the work (truth, I wont get your answer and do it myself I am not that silly). Not looking at removing the whole valve, will do that later when the fireplace is remodelled, just need the fire supply capping off at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Fek knows who fitted that in first place, but the whole tap does need removing 1/4 in plug or take the bush out and a half inch plug

Fek knows who fitted that in first place, but the whole tap does need removing 1/4 inch plug or take the bush out and a half inch plug

Sponsored Links
Unsure as it was there when we moved in (80's house), a corgi guy has been round and checked the gas fittings in the home and said it was fine to use, the plastic cap has come off the valve though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back