Gas Flue in conservatory

Sponsored Links
Not a chance, the 28e (Maxin or Mynute?) is out of production and you won't be able to get a flue for it. Time for a new boiler, either that or modify your lean-to so that the flue is outside once more. In the meantime, you have created a dangerous situation and the boiler must not be used as it could kill you

EDIT:
Just to add to the above, you can't do 1) or 2) anyway as the terminal would then be too close to your neighbour's boundary, 3) would take your flue too close to the window above, and 4) is illegal. If flue was available, which I'm certain you'll find that it isn't, I think your only option would be to extend it out through the front wall of the lean-to extension, bearing in mind that it shouldn't have a fall on it so you might need to move the boiler down the wall

Most importantly though IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE USE OF YOUR BOILER AS IT IS NOW DANGEROUS, EVEN IF YOU LEAVE THE DOOR TO OUTSIDE OPEN

@vulcancontinental

Last edited:
Sorry, looked like the roof and glass was very much in from the three pictures you'd posed. Nevertheless, I still wouldn't advise using your boiler any more. There are Vokera flues available, but different flues are designed to fit different models and aren't interchangeable. Trying to use a high-efficiency flue on a standard efficiency boiler will result in doom

I've tagged Vulcan Continental in this as he's a Vokera man and will be able to give you a very definitive answer when he comes along

Sponsored Links
Thanks Muggles. Since we are still in construction all the roof panels and glazing is still out.
Where did those pictures come from then??

The future?

Sorry, looked like the roof and glass was very much in from the three pictures you'd posed.

They are!

downloadfile.jpg

Either that or there's a magic floating label on that door where the glass should be and the roof pixies momentarily put the roof panels in during the split second the photo was being taken ffs

Edit. Op you can delete the original photos and edit your posts to cover your tracks but you can't get rid of the photo above that I saved earlier.

Nice try though:D

Last edited:
I like the way the rain water pipe, when fitted, will be in the way of the door opening fully.

But yes, the OP removing all the evidence would suggest he or she has something to hide, maybe a landlord with unsuspecting tenants now at risk.

What he said was (just in case anyone is interested)...

Hi all. I'm looking for some advice before I speak to a local gas fitter. So as seems to be the case I have just installed a new lean too conservatory and now need to get the gas boiler flue redirected. Of course speaking with the supplier (in hindsight a mistake!) they said it would be a simple job. As far as I see it I have 4 potential options:
1) have the flue rerouted at 90degrees and have my window have a hole cut in it.
2) as above but replace the whole window with a steel / rock wool infill piece with a hole cut in it
3) have the flue rerouted 90degrees through the roof and add a vertical flue kit for it and flashing
4) use only a plume kit through any of the options above (though I think input and output of the flume have to be outside?).
The boiler is a Vokera 28e and from what I've read in the manual then I still have plenty of length available on the flue even when adding a 90degree bend.
Would be great to hear of people's ideas and answers so I have an idea on what needs to be done.
Thanks all!

There are Vokera flues available, but different flues are designed to fit different models and aren't interchangeable. Trying to use a high-efficiency flue on a standard efficiency boiler will result in doom

Something along these lines
IMG_2978.JPG

Amazing how so many posters here are hell bent on a DIY job even though they are not gas registered or experienced in gas work.

biasi m28 I think it was, flue was obsolete so builder decided to get any old biasi flue off eBay as the house was sold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back