GAS HOB ELECTRIC OVEN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a cooker with a gas hob and a electric oven I have been told by the people delivering it that I will need a special socket for gas cookers. A friend of mine says I dont a normal socket will do and her son says the same thing they have both used a normal socket on both there cookers for about twelve years. They say the only time you need a special socket is when your cooker is all electric. If I have to put this special socket in it will cost more than the cooker. Can I have some advice on this please. This is my first post. :D

Sponsored Links
If it is a typical domestic cooker made for the UK market, 60cm wide, and has just a single oven, with no separate electric grill, but a grill inside the oven which cannot be used at the same time as the oven element, and no electric hob elements, then usually it can be run off a 13A plug. If any of these characteristics do not apply then it most likely can't

Read the manufacturer's instructions, they shoud tell you.

You might consider telling us the make and model.

Sponsored Links
Oven plus separate grill cavity

http://www.indesit.co.uk/indesit/2/.../pline/05/startMode/scheda/productId/34928UK/

http://www.indesit.co.uk/indesit/_pdf/manuals/19504807003_UK.pdf
page 23 indicates it uses about 14Amps

I suspect it was designed for a typical European installation with a 16Amp supply as it is just outside the spec for a normal UK plug socket, which is very inconvenient. my dual-fuel Zanussi cooker has a 12A load which is inside the UK plug rating.

see also page 24 of the manual

Key Contacts
Repair Service and Information Desk
UK: 0870 6070805
(Open 8am to 5.30pm Mon - Fri
9am to 5pm Sat
and 10am to 4pm Sun
Closed Bank Holidays)
Note: Our operators will require the following information:-
Model Number:
Serial Number:

I see the K6G520XG only needs a 13A plug, so would be more suitable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back