gas meter box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am having gas put in to my house. The only possible position for the box will be on the corner of house. I was a flush one ideally. Once fitted it will be approx 150mm from the corner of the brick work. Is this OK or does it need to be further away?

thanks

Sponsored Links
The gas supplier will decide where it has to go (so they can get to the pub asap) and they will provide the box of course. You only get a flush one if it's built in, usually when the place is first constructed.

6" from a corner is probably OK, though their own rules change.

If you arrange it up front they may put one semiconcealed, in the ground, as long as it's a reasonable place.

Eg
10321new.gif

yes if they were not willing to do the flush one, then i was going to go for the in ground one as above. I will obviously have to contact them anyway but as im building on the end of the propertly i thought i would get the position i wanted now. Thanks

Sponsored Links
i had gas installed at my house about 3/4 years ago and i wanted the flush one.
i had to goto to the utilities yard and pick it up and then fit it myself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back