GAS PILOT LIGHT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just recieved a gas bill for 6 months for my mothers empty bungalow,only the pilot light has been on ,except for the first month, when the heating was on for 1 hour am. and pm.. The bill was £140 this seems very excessive indeed, But they say that it is right.
DO PILOT LIGHTS USE THAT MUCH GAS !!!!!! :(

Sponsored Links
No they don`t.
Was the bill an estimate if so they will be basing it on your when your mum still occupied the house.or was the bill before that an estimate,if so it could be correct.You should go and read the meter yourself,then phone them with the reading.They will send out a corrected bill.

Approximately £23 per month, most of it might be standing charge? Have a look how many gas units was used

Sponsored Links
It used 5 units in 11 days,glad I`m not with British Gas,Robbing B********!!turned mains off now.

Get a gas engineer in to do tightness test might be a really big gas leak ! it wouldnt be the first time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back