gas pipe partially blocked?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it possible for a soldered joint to partially block a gas pipe reducing pressure?my cooker has a very limited gas pressure and will only give a very low flame.A t was taken from the boiler supply and now theres hardly any pressure.Boiler works fine

Sponsored Links
Yes its possible.

However, its much more likely that the gas pipe does not have sufficient capacity to supply both devices.

This is NOT a DIY issue. Get a Gas Safe registered engineer in to test the gas supplies to both, and to upgrade the gas pipe as determined by proper calculations.

had it altered by a gas safe plumber.He said,over the phone,that it would have a better supply than previously.He's coming out to take a look tomorrow

I've actually had a boiler that had flux in an elbow on the supply that trapped sulphur particles (black dust) and caused low dynamic pressure.

Sponsored Links
the guy did seem to use a lot of flux as i had to clean it off.He also used solder fittings which he must have added quite abit extra as the pipe is coated with a good inch below fitting

Make sure the actual bayonet fitting on cooker is properly pushed into position and locked in

the guy came today and heated the pipe up and everything working fine,said it must have been flux.

hopefully i'm not getting paranoid but what happens to the flux inside the gas pipe?have heard stories that it may corrode it over time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back