Gas Quals and how to progress

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
British Gas will be initially putting me through my CMA1 and MET1 so I can fit gas meters for them. I am always looking to the future and would like to get on boiler maintenance later with them.
It is a recession and this is where I want to be whilst its going on, but want advice about gas training modules?
I know BG will register ME and I will not really "own" the qualifications for my own use! But how does Gas Safe see this if wanted them for self employment later on (obviously would need other modules)
Cheers

Sponsored Links
If you leave BG after you are qualified you can pay to register in your own name.

However, they will have put a clause in your contract saying you have to pay back training costs if you leave within a set period.

If you wanted to get on boiler maintenance with them you would have to apply for an apprenticeship or already be qualified with experience.

Those qualifications won't do you much good without ccn1 outside BG/national grid.

I am always looking to the future and would like to get on boiler maintenance later with them.
It is a recession and this is where I want to be whilst its going on, but want advice about gas training modules?
I know BG will register ME and I will not really "own" the qualifications for my own use! )
Cheers
Yes BG look after YOUR world :LOL: after their shareholders :mrgreen: I wish you long and fruitful employment with them until you retire with a Final Salary pension scheme :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back