Gas query - boiler fixed. Please put my mind at rest

Happyplumber - I have not been on a quick course.

But in anyhow, it's down to the individual - I persoanlly douvle check things to put my mind at rest. If others don't want to and are happy to do so then it is their choice. It's like a company I worked for, wanted me to do 12 CP12's in an hour, well no way could anyone do that properley, so I left. I'm not putting safety on the line to rush jobs. I do things probably the LONG way but the way I am comfotable with.

Why do you make out ACS land is so different. In fact I did find it harder as all the appliances/meters were so deliberately faulty/set up incorrectly it was just too much!!

Sponsored Links
There was fella down this way fitting gas fire's , would do a tightness test with all appliance's the slightest blip on his gauge would result in him shutting the gas supply off , issueing warning notice's , mind you we made a few quid out of it following on behind him turning the gas back on !!

Happyplumber - I have not been on a quick course.

But in anyhow, it's down to the individual - I persoanlly douvle check things to put my mind at rest. If others don't want to and are happy to do so then it is their choice. It's like a company I worked for, wanted me to do 12 CP12's in an hour, well no way could anyone do that properley, so I left. I'm not putting safety on the line to rush jobs. I do things probably the LONG way but the way I am comfotable with.

Why do you make out ACS land is so different. In fact I did find it harder as all the appliances/meters were so deliberately faulty/set up incorrectly it was just too much!!

theres exagerating and then theres saying some one wanted you to do 12 cp12s in an hour,thats a rate of 1 every 5mins.....no one in there right mind asks for that. 12 aday is not unrealistic

It's like a company I worked for, wanted me to do 12 CP12's in an hour, well no way could anyone do that properley, so I left. I'm not putting safety on the line to rush jobs. I do things probably the LONG way but the way I am comfotable with.

Sorry but I do not believe a word of this.

Sponsored Links
Like i said before there will be some here who will try and teach you how to suck eggs

12 CP12's ok mate ,and i got 12 inch knob,and i know for fact your the one who is exaggerating!

The one thing you can not buy is EXPERIENCE and that is the most valuable commodity in this trade

my god this is worrying.this is an open forum which is probably giving more ammo to the general public, that were not sure what is to be done in a simple situation.come on guys get it together.lets face it theres different ways to interpret GSUI for instance its not a requirement to test a gas supply on a service as mentioned by Icgs.and this was taken to the letter by BG themselves.were all different on how we do things. but please lets not confuse the public anymore and show were not actually idiots but professionals.rant over, back to alcahol now :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back