gas safe nvq.level 3 or block release.course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What would people see as the best way of.getting your gas safe quals by doing plumbing nvq level 3 or by doing a block release gas course. I am level 2 qualified.with about 8 years in the trade

Sponsored Links
Any thoughts on which of the two ways would be.best to become.gas safe registerd?

what do you mean by block release?

is the nvq3 a 2year course?

Sponsored Links
Like a 4 / 5 week course then a 2 week acs course. Yeah the nvq level 3 is a two year course, one day a week works out 36 days a year because or it only being term time.

it all depends on how much gas knowledge u have....i did a fastrack course and i felt as if everything is thrwon togethere just to make up numbers....personally i think the nvq3 would be much further in depth in gas knowledge but again i havent done the nvq3 so i wouldnt know...also depends on future aims?

When i did level 3 it was over 1 year, level 2 was 2 years. It makes sense that they give you an extra year for level 3 as more to it.

it all depends on how much gas knowledge u have....i did a fastrack course and i felt as if everything is thrwon togethere just to make up numbers....personally i think the nvq3 would be much further in depth in gas knowledge but again i havent done the nvq3 so i wouldnt know...also depends on future aims?
Thanks what do you mean by future aims?

I would prefer to do it through my level 3 but think I will be.made.to go on a 4 week course. Due to the level 3 being one day a week for almost two years

sorry about the late reply mate.

what i mean by future aims is that if your looking to work for a big company in the future i think having an nvq 3 on your cv will look better than doing a fastrack course.

also with the fastrack course i personally dont think they really go into that much depth into the gas side ect...

if i could turn back the clock i would have defintly done my nvq3....but then again i dont no how old u r and what ur current work situation is..

the question is where do you see yourself in 2-3years time mate??? ( not including sitting in the middle of the medditranian sea on a yacht surrounded by 15 latina babes with a net worth of £100m)

Thanks, I'm 27 at the moment. Yes that is why I want to do the nvq level 3 over a fast track course better qualifications and I think will be a more in-depth course. The NVQ level 3 is a cheaper course £1035 that includes your ACS exams. I work for a building firm at the momment and not so sure they will stand the one day off a week. Works out 36 days a year I would be at college, due to the college being shut for hoildays etc. I am speaking to them at work on Tuesday I will try pitch for the level 3 course. Can't see them going for it though :(.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back