Gate Entry Alarm/Chime

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone suggest how i can go about getting something similar to a shop door entry chime for a set of gates? It's proving a bit difficult for me to find anything suitable as the sensors will be mounted externally. Secondly I need one whereby the alarm/chime would be mounted indoors and not on the gates.

Sponsored Links
This depends on your set-up now and how far you're prepared to go. My gates are wired into my alarm and so chime as the are opened and closed and of course would do the same if forced. Separately I have the drive leading up to the gates covered by a GJD PIR that chimes on a panel indoors before the gates are reached.

Its all required on a standalone basis. A switch sensor or a magnetic sensor on the gate and something to notify me indoors audibly when the gates are opened.
I do not currently have an alarm set up.

Sponsored Links
If you have automatic gates, look at spec of your gate controller. Some may already have dry contacts for connection of external devices to. Some may require fitting relay board. This case you can use simple buzzer or door chime to turn it on/off by gate controller.

Last edited:
There is stand alone equipment designed specifically for this application, just needs a little search time to find one that will suit your needs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back