Geberit dual flush valve leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Geberit dual flush with the blue square on the button. My problem is that when at rest and filled I have a small weep of water into the pan. I purchased new flush valve seal but this has not made any noticeable difference. Is there any adjustment? or where should I be looking?

regards

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's not that the cistern is filling too high and overflowing into the pan?

Failing that you could be suffering from a loss of joint seal between the flush valve and the bottom of the cistern

Thanks Muggles

I have checked the overfill issue and that is Ok so I have come to the same conclusion as you it is a loss of seal at the bottom. Having fitted a new valve seal I cannot see what else there is to fiddle with. I am hoping it is not a new unit needed.
Regards

I have exactly the same problem as someplumb, did you manage to fix it in the end?

There seems to be a small leek from the Geberit outlet valve into the toilet bowl so that it constantly dribbles and it has to keep refilling.

Everything seems to be tight and sealed.

There is a blue piece of plastic on the outlet valve that you can move left and right like a switch or lever but I can't work out what it does and if this might help.

The water is not going up to the overflow pipe.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys

I have managed to stop the weep into the pan after much effort.

The bottom seal into the pan was good, it was not over filling and therefore water was not going down the overflow tube.

Many not so happy hours were spent as I fiddled with any thing that could be adjusted.

I even applied lead weight to the bottom of the central plunger to get a better seal.
After hours on the phone with the technical department of Gerbit we were on first name terms.

In the end I purchased a new unit.

Whilst waiting for it to arrive, I carried on trouble shooting.
You know the score- No simple thing like a loo flush is going to beat me.

The break through came when I used a strong but small torch to look down the overflow tube, it looked damp.

I drained down "Again" dried every where and refilled.
sure enough it became damp again. I then changed the washers in the overflow unit and refilled.
To start with I thought that this had not worked, but after I bought and fitted new O seals. The leaked stopped.

The new unit arrived the following day, So I now have a spare.

I hope this helps.

I found some bubbles had formed on the the rubber ring that acts as a seal on the bottom of the cistern.

The whole cistern unit just unclipped from the cistern so I took the whole unit to a Plumb Center and they said its a common fault with Geberit and the ring needs to be replaced.

Its cheap and very easy to do but I think it can be difficult to get hold of the rubber rings.

Hope that helps anyone in the future.

Have had exactly the same problem with bubbles developing in the rubber seal. Surely this is a design fault?

Does anyone know where the little blue "J" shaped clip goes? It fell off while I was removing the unit.

I found some bubbles had formed on the the rubber ring that acts as a seal on the bottom of the cistern.

The whole cistern unit just unclipped from the cistern so I took the whole unit to a Plumb Center and they said its a common fault with Geberit and the ring needs to be replaced.

Its cheap and very easy to do but I think it can be difficult to get hold of the rubber rings.

Hope that helps anyone in the future.

I have got the bubbles problem. Can you please tell me where I can get this "O" ring from. The manufactrers only sell the whole assembly. I tried few plumbing places, no joy.

Although I was able to get a replacement, I was able to reuse the old rubber seal successfully by bursting the bubbles with a scalpel blade and releasing the water which was forming the bubbles.

I had the problem where, after flushing the toilet, the cistern re-filled and the water inlet valve would shut off OK, but after a few minutes would start to "dribble" continuously". I'd assumed it was a faulty inlet valve seal, so I fitted a new one, but this "leaked" as well. Then I realised that the problem was caused by water leaking out of the cistern and into the pan and the inlet valve was simply doing its job in maintaining the water level in the cistern. Sure enough, when I removed the flush valve, I saw that the seal at the bottom had a "bubble" on its sealing surface. I simply took the seal off, turned it over and bingo - job done!

Although I bought a new bottom seal, bursting the blisters on the old seal with a scalpel blade and releasing the entrapped water which I reported in May was completely successful. Still using the old seal and have kept the new one as a spare.

I found some bubbles had formed on the the rubber ring that acts as a seal on the bottom

Couldn't understand what you meant by bubbles until I took out the flusher part. They are then very easy to see, they seem to be bubbles inside the rubber itself, as if there is water trapped inside the rubber. It must be a manufacturing fault, maybe it develops as the seals age?

Anyway, as you said, just pop the bubbles with a sharp blade and the surface of the ring is smooth and water tight again. Don't need to buy any spare part.

Seems to be working perfectly now. This has been annoying me for ages, so a big THANK YOU to wetallover.

Cheers!

Bubbles in flush valve washers seems to be an inherrent problem in most makes, judging by the frequent posts re various makes.

Get a flapper valve.

I had same problem, constant dripping for cistern with two s shaped buttons which turned out to be Geberit valve. Spent ages trying to unscrew metal boss and getting nowhere but eventually it came out (OK I know NOW that you prize the buttons out but I didn't see the service sign 'till reassembly). Found the two T shaped latches 2/3 way down and squeezed the tops and unit came out easy.

Yup bubbles both sides. Popped them all and cistern works great now.
Many thanks Peterx, turned a potential £47 job into a simple free fix. Ta :LOL:

I have early versions of Geberit outlet & inlet valves fitted to a V&B cistern in Nov 97.Three outlet units failed over a short period with the small lugs at the top of the central shaft shearing off. V&B put this down to a bad batch.
The outlet valve is white & green (sometimes called Twico1) and has two crescent shaped flush buttons.
Recently it has not been cutting off after flushing and water has been overflowing into the pan.The infamous outlet valve seal is sound so I looked at the inlet valve.It wasn't operating correctly.I lengthened the threaded connecting rod by turning the screw anti- clockwise and checked that it was vertical and at present all seems fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back