General Draught Proofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a newly built house (built 2007) and we are experiencing some rather bad draughts from some certain area, so I wondered what is the best way to counter them.

1. We have a self closing fire door that leads into the garage. This door does not fit 100% properly, so a draught comes through the hinge side, and the bottom and top of the side where the keep is. Any ideas on best ways to draught proof or to make fit better?
2. Rear back door is letting a draught in (its a wooden frame, with a wooden/metal style door, the has a magnetic strip around the edges). Does I use some P profile or the like on these areas?
3. Behind radiators, where the pipes come out (as its a new build they are plastic) there are holes up to 4" by 4" - Surely this can be the cause of some draught, so would I be ok to cover somehow? (They have plastic cover type things on, but still have big gaps between the cover and the wall.

I'm sure I will find some more in my hunting.

Sponsored Links
External door benefit from a second door seal all round , book fold door seals also help where gaps vary in width. Avoid foam insulation as it pushes open door where it is compressed in narrow gaps negating any benefit.

OK. What us a book fold door seal please?

I also have just noticed that if I close or open the internal garage door, the upstairs bathroom door and front room doors open/close as if its properly pushing/pulling a draught?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back