Getting a job as a plumbers mate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the best way to go about it? I've been trying for near 2 months and nothing has come up.....i've got experience and i'm currently doing my Level 2 City and Guilds (6129), yet still i can't get anything! Is it not as simple as emailing/ringing around firms? :(

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately although the heating trade is ridiculously busy at present and I am, along with many others, desperate to find someone to employ, unless you have a large firm with many employees already you have not got the time needed to spend on nurturing a trainee in the ways you need them to operate.

I would suggest contacting the larger firms, maybe new build installers where you can gain useful, but boring & repetitive experience and build up your speed as well.

The down side to new build is that once tarred with this brush, domestic installers like myself would never employ a 'housebasher' :confused:

Does not your training centre help with placements, or are they only after your money?

Good luck and keep trying.

gas4you said:
Unfortunately although the heating trade is ridiculously busy at present and I am, along with many others, desperate to find someone to employ, unless you have a large firm with many employees already you have not got the time needed to spend on nurturing a trainee in the ways you need them to operate.

I would suggest contacting the larger firms, maybe new build installers where you can gain useful, but boring & repetitive experience and build up your speed as well.

The down side to new build is that once tarred with this brush, domestic installers like myself would never employ a 'housebasher' :confused:

Does not your training centre help with placements, or are they only after your money?

Good luck and keep trying.
Trading Center???

Maybe i should say i'm Polish?
hmmm.gif

Sponsored Links
Sorry to be a bit of a downer but if you cannot find any plumber who needs help at this time of year then the chances are you are not going to find someone.

Maybe worth contacting BG (providing you have enough gcse's etc) and see if they will take you on

Offer to work for nothing. If you are any good he'll take you on.

Still nothing :(

I never knew it would be this hard :cry: :cry:
I`ve removed my cynical cap today :eek: .so do you want to be a "proper" plumber.ie. copper work....iron pipefitting ....(welding).....drainage....(iron ,plastic, above +below ground).... water supply regs....guttering, sheet metal (lead etc)....or do you want to be a C-O-R-G-I :rolleyes: and stand in front of a gas boiler with a few meters etc. and leave with £100 in your pocket after 1 hour ...NO dis. to Agile ;) Oh dear my hat`s stuck to my head :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Thank Feck I`m retired

Sponsored Links
Back