Getting rid of *hopefully* light smoke smell?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

Hints or tips useful for someone who left a pan of Black eye peas to boil dry for nearly 2 hrs, and came home to a house filled with a thin layer of white smoke ;).

I dont see any discolouration anywhere, but it smells like someone who smokes 200 a day has been living there.

It happened last night, and we aired the house for about 90 mins before bedtime, but I'm wondering what I can expect in terms of smell improvement and whether I should prepare myself for either hours of cleaning, or more drastically some re-painting, professional carpet cleaning etc.

Anyone got experience of this?

M

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome millardus :D :D :D

give it a week and 90% off the smell will be gone ' you wont smell it after the 5th day as you will get used to the smell any way
try burning candles or joss sticks this seems to help

Cheers Big-all!

Only problem is we are renting.....eeeek! So want to do all we can to avoid the owners detecting a lingering smell in the weeks to come. You're right, we'll get used to it, but need to do what i can to stop others smelling it.

Whatever we can do at the earliest stage to prevent any *possible* lingering smell would be an advantage I think.

Cheers for the joss stick idea :)

M

put the offending pan outside
use a propriotery cleaner with a lemon or citrus smell on all hard surfaces

wash any dish cloths curtains or any soft cloth that may hang on to the smell

clean out the filter above the cooker if its a cloth/paper type

cook a few strong curries

use peculated coffee every day

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back