Gggrrrrrrr need help please everybody.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody,

im currently makin my way through single storey extension with a flat roof measuring 6mx4m. So far so good and so far I have managed on the advice of friends an mainly research as I go along.

anyway, the walls are halfway up and im now preparing for the flat roof. The problem I have is that the joists sit on top of the wall plate on the inner skin and im struggling to work out how to fix the joist to the wall plate. Ive looked through tons of different hangers to find the right product but cant find. The only thing if found are the truss clips with the plate that will sit underneath the joist and fix to the wall plate but im not sure if the bco will be happy with them?

Anybody know which product I need?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Maybe try the Roofing section. Don't think wall plates are the best option for a flat roof.

Truss clips, if anything at all. Personally I would skew nail them to the wall plate, dwang (noggins) them full depth, within a few hundred mm and apply the fascia etc. ...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back