Glass balcony - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking fo a glass carrying rail for 10mm thick balcony glass which we have been given to convert my wooden balcony to a glass one - as have lovely sea views. Getting a metal and glass balcony is too dear so am looking for a solution to how to fit the glass into some sort of carrying rail. Any ideas - I'd be most grateful. My local glass company is no help at all and neither have been timber merchants.

Sponsored Links
presumably this is for looking through rather than standing on?

try a window manufacturer, they might have the right profile stuff to take the glass..

What materials are you envisaging? Are you expecting to have some uprights? How have come into possession of the glass? Is it designed for use as balcony infill panels? Any chance of a photo? You realise your 'balcony handrail' ought to comply with Building Regulations? Or are you just gonna wing it?

Sponsored Links
is this a proper balcony balustrade that needs to stop you falling a great height to your death?

if so it needs to comply with building regulations as already mentioned and needs to be designed to resist various types of forces.

maybe a photo of your existing balcony and a sketch of what you want to achieve might help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back