Glass painting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyne know much about this? I'm replacing the transoms around the flat and thought i'd like to do the front foor one in Mondriaan colours, like the L'oreal stuff used to have.. with the red, blue squares etc. So, what sort of paint would be good for this? I'd want strong colours but with translucency..i already have clear acrylic spray which which it can be sealed and protected.

Sponsored Links
If you want it translucent then go to your nearest art/craft shop and buy glass paint. You can get it water or spirit based, the spirit has stronger colours. Hardest job will be applying an even layer without brushmarks, best to take the door off and lay it flat. Look for makes such as Pebeo, Marabu and Vitrail.

Jason

Hi there. Did just that after posting..and picked someup by Talons? (decor-fin). Most of the colours look just right, but whats up with reds? Seems impossible to get a flat pillarbox type red. All of them are adark wine/maroony type. Would adding a bit of yellow move it nearer, or would that just make it orangey?

Oh btw it's already out and flat to work on, thankfully:) Have you done much of this yourself?

Sponsored Links
Do a google for flamboyant enamel...its the traditional name for glass paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back