Gloss to Undercoat to Matt emulsion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

We're having a new bathroom installed and on one wall we have had to box in some pipework and our builder has used T&G which all looks lovely (in case you're reading this :mrgreen:) The problem is that we wanted all the walls including the T&G wall painted with a Farrow and Ball matt paint, but the decorator used a Dulux gloss paint on the T&G wall, it looks terrible, then he painted it with undercoat to take away the shine off, anyway my question to all you experts out there is, is there a matt paint preferably Farrow and Ball that we can use on all the walls including the wall painted with oil based undercoat. Ideally we wanted F&B Estate Emulsion. We don't want Satin paint either we really only want matt emulsion.

Thanks for reading this.

Sponsored Links
Well not really the correct approach, yet if you give the woodwork a good sand down, you should be ok to apply your emulsion over it.

Dec

Paint and paper library (very similar to F&B) do an oil based eggshell, i'd do that in colour of choice on the tongue and groove then an acrylic eggshell on the walls.

Acrylic eggshell on bathroom walls is best practice as it repels moisture, if you're bathroom is well ventilated you could also go for a flat emulsion if your more worried about the look than the practicality.

Freshly painted oil based paints need wet abrading as they have a long cure time.

EDIT : I think paint and paper library do a dead flat oil which will give you a matt finish.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for the reply's. :D It is a well ventilated bathroom so I'm going to wait 2 weeks for the gloss to dry before lightly sanding and using F&B emulsion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back