Glow Worm 18 HXI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a glow worm 18 hxi and a boiler mate 2000, Ive been advised to turn then boiler up full, i had it on half way. So this afternoon i turned it up full. 5 minutes later i was up stairs and heard something vibrating and it was the boiler, I turned it down and it stopped and then back up and it started warming up again, but now the temperature is slowly dropping. Is it broke? or what would you suggest?

Sponsored Links
get someone in to check it over

Must say that my intial reaction is that the pipes aint clipped proper but would not like to bet on it

some of the others may have more ideas for you but my advice still stands get someone who knows their arse from their elbow in to give it the once over

Usually with a boilermate you would expect to run whatever boiler you have a full temp. This is needed as the boilermate is a thermal store.

There was a post a few weeks ago regarding a Glow worm as yours and a boilermate regarding pump over run etc. It turned out that Gledhill saud that Glow Worms were not compatible with the boilermate series. I don't think that a real reason was ever found or given.

I suspect that you may be encountering the same installation problem :rolleyes: Look here //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81560&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back