Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Glow worm compact 100e combi
Hello
New on the site and so i have'nt read all of the posts relevant to my boiler
yet and may find a cure there but for now if anyone can offer some advice
then it would be gratefully received.
The boiler is 7 years old and had worked trouble free until last year when the dhw diaphragm was replaced..........lately ive noticed a very marked drop off in the rate of flow of hot water e.g. you have to reduce the flow to a dismal trickle almost now to get the required temp. and bearing in mind the supply water is still fairly warm for this time of year if we get a cold spell i fail to see how it will cope.
One problem ive just noticed and this was not the case until recently i know is that the housing where the dhw diaphragm is has developed a weep certainly not there as i say after replacement , enough to leave a small pool on the boiler frame below it,
Hope from what ive said someone out there maybe able to help.
cheers[/b]

Sponsored Links
the pcbs are really common fault that stops the boiler burning at full rate, ya need a rgi to check/fit as the gas pressures need to be checked. chances are if it is at fault the potentiometer in the top right will have brown marks around it.
as for the leak the chances are it's one of the stuffing box's, norm the dhw ;)

the pcbs are really common fault that stops the boiler burning at full rate, ya need a rgi to check/fit as the gas pressures need to be checked. chances are if it is at fault the potentiometer in the top right will have brown marks around it.
as for the leak the chances are it's one of the stuffing box's, norm the dhw ;)

Many thanks for your help mate....myself the logic was that the water was not heating up because of some problem on these lines because flow is brilliant so negates a blockage.....our water causes no problem with scale either.....cheers !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back