Glow Worm Compact 100e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler works fine for the Central Heating but for teh last couple of days there is no hot water from the boiler. The bolier does not fire up when turn on hot water taps and you just get freezing cold water. Any ideas what this could be?

Sponsored Links
Does the HW demand light come on when opening tap? Green light on bottom facia panel, normally switches over from rad symbol to HW symbol.

No this light doesn't come on. Also for about a week the only way to get hot water was by turning the bath taps on first and then the shower. If I just turned on the shower or the sink there would be no hot water until I turned on the bath taps.

Sounds like the diaphram in the dhw flow has a split in it 5 minute job to check 15 minutes to replace . Remove the micro switch open a tap if you can push the pin in easily diaphram is split.

Sponsored Links
As above - I had one of these boilers and it failed in the opposite manner.

The hot water would not turn off when the tap was turned off and the boiler overheated.

Turned out to be a duff diaphram as well.

Bottom right hand side of the boiler connected to the cold inlet pipe is a black square plastic box with a couple of wires coming out of it. This is clipped to the diaphram bit - I think there are 4 screws holding the front plate on.

When you remove the black box all will become obvious - there will be a small pin sticking out of it which activates the microswitch in the black box.

I am having bother getting front cover off. Is it screwed on? I have removed 4No. screws from under side of boiler which has let me take off bottom cover plate and loosened sides but I can't seem to get sides or front cover off & there doesn't appear to be any visible screws holding it in place. Any ideas?

Two small nuts on top. Then you need to get your fingers in and prize it off the threads and lift off.

You sure you wanna start messing with water!

When you turn on the hot tap the pin in the diaphram doesn't come out but I can pull it out and put the microswitch over the top again so the pin activates the microswitch and then the boiler fires up & i can get hot water gain. This appear to be a problem with the diaphram? If you remove the 4No. Torx screws is it easy enough to replace the diaphram? Are they handy enough to get?

Also the micorswitch appears to be in ok condition as there is no evidence that the diaphram has leaked and flooded the microswitch.

Also the micorswitch appears to be in ok condition as there is no evidence that the diaphram has leaked and flooded the microswitch.
Mine was fine too - no leaks etc but was still knackered.

When you have the front pin bit off, its worth soaking it in some kind of descaler as mine had got a bit sticky and wasn't letting the pin return sometimes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back