Glow Worm Compact 100e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder any idea what would cause the boiler to stop modulating on central heating ??? just noticed that the boiler thermostat is in the usual setting on the boiler which is the twelve o clock area but the rads seemed to be hotter than usual , whilst monitoring i noticed that the boiler just seems to run constantly ???? where when last used early in the year it was definately modulating on and off.......you can induce modulation by turning the stat down to about the eight or nine o clock position but the rads then still don't appear any cooler which surely would be the case and also the boiler once it fires then remains on again , ive had no overheats which i would expect but maybe not ??........just a point to note that may help diagnosis ,when fitted i opted due to positioning etc to have no remote controls/stats so all functions are controlled from the boiler itself.
cheers

Sponsored Links
Nath
Appreciate your help mate , is there a way, short of fitting a new board , of ensuring it is actually the problem ???
I'm loath to have someone in and pay them for what usually turns out to be "fit a part until it works" appraoch and i pay the for the parts not needed.
cynical or what but believe me ive had it many times over the years.

Sponsored Links
I have finally given up putting good money after bad with this boiler and now want to change it. They don't make these anymore by all accounts and the nearest replacement is a glowworm flexicom 30lux.

I have been quoted £782. plus VAT to supply one. Can anyone tell me is this a good price, or even better where can I get a compact 100e to do a straight swap?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back