Glow worm easicom 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi our glow worm easicom 28 combi bolier wasn't producing a constant flow of hot water it started running hot then cold constantly.we phoned a plumber who said it might be the plate to plate heat exchanger that might need cleaning he did this and also changed a switch of some sort but no joy. On further investigation he says its probably the combustion block heat exchanger and has advised us to get a new boiler .question is could it be repaired are is it better to buy a new one.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Should be fairly easy to repair, sounds like you've employed someone with minimal diagnostic skills. Try getting a boiler repair man familiar with your boiler, or failing that GlowWorm will do you a fixed price repair for around £300 - much cheaper than a new boiler!

Thanks Muggles i rang glow worm this morning the fixed price repair
Is £299 but doesn't include heat exchanger and expansion vessels
There an extra cost,but what they did offer was for me to take out boiler cover for 6 months at £49.99 a month which includes all parts and labour so thats what im going to do thanks again for your

At £600 a year that is very expensive boiler cover.

But there are far cheaper cover schemes around.

But you have had a problem by getting someone as described above or worse!

I would expect a good engineer will probably be able to sort it out for far less.

If you were close to me then I would quote you £188 for no fix no fee.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Holy moley! £50 a month!? That's very nearly the cost of buying a brand new boiler every year. You'd be much better off putting that into a bank account. I'd cancel that if I were you, very poor value

Thanks for the advise yeah your right its is a bit steep I've since spoken to a mate of mine who's
Neighbour is a heating engineer
He's going to pop up this weekend
and take a look at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back