Glow Worm Flexi Boiler SX 18

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, my question is relating to our boiler that is showing F22 fault when central heating is turned on, the boiler is ok when hot water is on but does make a very loud banging noise at times. It shows the bar at 3 or below when not working and I have taps in airing cupboard where I top it up from but this is happening now every time I put the heating on. Works perfectly once this is done until the next day when turned on again and have to repeat the process.

Hope I have explained this ok but always had a normal everyday boiler so really don't know much about these sealed units which was inherited from previous owner. (they seemed to have the problem being a reset key already in cupboard. Charming people left us massive electrical problems too that have now been dealt with) Checked the radiators etc., for leaks but all dry and no wet patches anywhere visible. Appreciate any help before I have to call in plumbers and more expense!! Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Think there is a pinned post about recharging the expansion vessel up the top of the forum somewhere

F22 is a low pressure fault. Are you saying you have to top it up everyday? It should only be topped to 1bar cold. You may have an expansion vessel fault. Can only guess with scant info.

You need to reduce the pressure to 1 - 1.5 bar cold and check the expansion unit see faq.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Only have to do it when the heating turned on, the hot water is fine and runs perfectly without having to do anything. Will follow advice on expansion tank. We have one in the loft, is this the one? or do you have one in the boiler too? Will look this up on faq, being I have no idea about this at all.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back