Glow Worm Flexicom 18SX Error F4

D

DeanH

Hi all.
We have got a F4 error on out Flexicom 18SX.
There is a little heat in the rads, we have tried reset, the system seems to start up and then error F4.
Any ideas?
Many thanks
DeanH

Sponsored Links
Appears to be the Condensation drain pipe being frozen which triggers the F4 error.
The F4 error is actually to do with the ignition, so probably the blocked pipe trips a safety switch. Hopefully when temperature warms up it will unblock. Unless someone knows how to warm up the blasted ugly-pipe on the outside of the house.

Only solution is Warm to hot water or a hairdryer/heat gun.
Unfortunately, the wife is at home with the 3 children, I managed to get to work and cannot leave yet.
And also, we do not have a long ladder to reach the pipe outside the house, and I would not want her to anyway.
I may mention to her to use her hairdryer (she definitely has one of those) from the inside of the house but not on a hot setting.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I just got home to find the same problem on my Flexicom 18Hx. Hairdryer and boiling water on the vertical external length of condensate pipe got it up and running again. I can't believe that I read this thread at work and got home to find the same problem. After the initial F4 mine showed F1 when I tried to reset it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back