Glow worm flexicom 24 hx fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have come home to find the boiler in fault mode flashing F1.

Other than some initial F22 fault codes before outside pipe was lagged it has always run 100% but now have this fault.

Pressed the reset and it has fired with a bit of a whoosh when the flame lit. The wife has now explained that it locked out the other day and when she reset it it made the same louder than normal woosh at ignition. After firing after lockout it continues to work as it should seemingly if nothing is wrong.

Good old google seems to point towards ignition fault so is it failing to light and locking out?

Unit is approx 4.5 years old and to be fair isn't serviced bang on schedule.

Is it likely a service will cure the fault or is it a known fault that needs parts. Either way planned on getting it serviced just hoped to have some opinions on what the fault is and cost to repair etc. to forewarn the impending service engineer

Thanks as always for your responses

Sponsored Links
I'm sure a service will solve it if the engineer brings a new ignition electrode with him. ;)

Thanks

I'll have him order an ignition electrode so he can fit during the service.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back