Glow Worm Ulitmate 30FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I wonder if anyone can tell me whether a 2 fuse, 7 wire PCB (900847) is a suitable replacement for the 1 fuse, 5 wire PCB (with the same part number) on a Glow Worm Ultimate 30FF.

Yours,

G

Sponsored Links
Isn't the one fuse the later version?

But why do you think it needs changing?

No. Why would it be? You'd know if you were gas safe registered which you need to be to replace it.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I should have said I had it diagnosed by a Gas Safe engineer. He said he could purchase a new one for £120 or a cheaper alternative was buying a reconditioned unit, while he'd fit it he wouldn't purchase it as he didn't want the liability if it developed issues . He never mentioned the different types, only just noticed when I went to look.

Thanks, guys, just left him a message, I'm sure he'll confirm it. Thanks for your advice.

G

Is it really worth saving a few quid in the long run when a new board is only £120 anyway?

Some people will do anything to save a few pounds!

There is a place in West London where they repair PCBs and fans. They have a constant queue of dodgy looking people waiting to buy these repaired bits and I often wonder how many of the customers are being charged the price of a new one!

I saw one of them in a Worcester boiler last week and the customer paid the repairer £200 for it after being told new ones where no longer available!

Tony

I'd say it is, the boiler is really pretty old, it'll be ripped out at some stage in the not too distant future. As it happens he'd given me the wrong part number. It was 800917, thanks Sooey!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back