Gloworm 60 Condensing Boiler - odd problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you can help!

I have the above boiler which seems to work in a very odd way to me.

It used to work fine coming on and off as the timer settings dicated or by pressing the Hot Water Advance or Heating Advance.

Then for some reason the Advance buttons stopped working and it would only come on with the timer - even if you pressed the Select "on a ll the time" option - it would still only come on with the timer.

So I figured the control panel was up the swannee so went to B&Q and purchased a replacement Drayton Lifestyle LP522 - this was straightforward to fit as a replacement.

However it made no difference to the problem - in fact it worked the same for a while - with only the timer working. In the last few weeks it won't switch off at all - never mind what the timer settings are - so the only way to turn it off is at the mains switch at the wall.

Someone suggested that maybe the electircal connections were loose and causing an intermittant problem but I turned the mains electric off and checked all the connections and they seemed secure.

can anyone suggest a possible reason - heard of this before - offer a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give
Steve

Sponsored Links
ok thanks very much :)
- so is that a plumber or an electrician I need ?
Ta
Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back