Glowworm combi compact 100e locking out help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all we have just moved into a new house and our boiler has started playing up.

It does it when the boiler is cold (ie not been run for an hour or to, in a morning or if out at work all day).

If i run the hot tap the boiler will lock out, I'll go in the loft and reset and run the hot water again itll lock out again. But if i reset and put the heating on it will fire as normal and work, and ill be able to use hot water too.

Attachments

• 20151212_153022.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 225
Sponsored Links
I always recommend that anyone moving into a new property should have the boiler serviced and the system examined and the controls and how to repressurise the system explained.

Did the seller warrant that the boiler was working properly? Could be its their responsibility to pay for it if they did.

Some parts of Derbyshire have VERY hard water.

Seems likely that you are going to have to call an engineer. Get working on that soon as some go away for Christmas. Not me this year unfortunately.

Tony

Hi thanks for the reply. Yeah the boiler was serviced before we moved in and we have all recipt for all work thats been carried out. We bought my mums house so I know about the boiler and its been look after.

I'm very handy and can probably look at this (obviously not the gas side!) but if it's a case of swapping a diaphragm or valve I think I'll be able to do it.

Cheers
Si

But the problem is to diagnose exactly what is causing it to lock out.

They are not the easiest of boilers to diagnose either!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back