Glowworm Compact 100E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the past 18 months I think the water pressure in our area has fallen, we now find that our combi boiler does not fire up to produce hot water during peak water usage hours 6-8pm.

We have had British Gas around 3 times to try and remedy the situation but have had no joy. The have replaced diaphram and micro switch I believe...and once managed to get the pcb board wet and destroy that ...

[This weekend the evil boiler started leaking through the low water pressure switch...so we have no boiler again waiting on a part from BG...I feel we really have got our monies worth from the insurance..although Iwish this was not the case...]

Anyhow is there any other part apart from DHW Micro Switch and this Diaphram that effects when the boiler fires up for DHW.

Thanks Alexis.

Boiler was installed in 2003.

Sponsored Links
i presume that heating works properly?

providing the dhw diaphragm, switch and pcb are good, and a high enough flow rate through boiler then dhw should be fine, did the boiler fire up when you opened tap or not?

Sponsored Links
Get them to check the inlet filter and flow limiter...they are located behind the diaphragm section...plugs comes out.

Thanks for all of that,

Yes the central heating works fine, and the DHW works fine sometimes as long as we have the tap full on hot which is annoying as rate is so high you get splashed , otherwise it does not fire up.

I'll get them to check all the above mentioned..

If there's plenty of flow then perhaps the switch actuating pin is sticking in the gland seal. Always best to replace the brass cover assembly since they always leak in the end.

If that's ok then make sure the holes are clear into the flow limiter/filter section.

Otherwise must be a problem in the flow limiter/filter section and an inadequate ddifferential pressure is being developed across the assembly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back