Glowworm hideaway noisy solenoid?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, new to this forum, looking for advice, .
It's a floorstanding hideaway 60b ff installed 2003. Up to Wednesday night been fine, then it fired up and made an awful rattling/ loud buzzing noise , it ignites and still works. The noise is definitely coming from the solenoid/ gasvalve area. Are parts still available for this model no.2000461983 anyone know, or is it now obsolete. I can't seem to find any reference to this model. Can I get it repaired or is it now obsolete. Thanks .

Sponsored Links
Installed 2003? Wow, must have been one of the last ones off the production line! Yes the gas valve is still readily available for this model, around £120.

Hi muggles , thanks for the reply.
I went with this boiler , because it was a straight replacement for the one that had been in since 76, didn't want the hassle of new pipe runs etc. I wonder if I made the right decision then. So the parts are still available ? This seems the way to go then, so this is a simple job any gas safe plumber can do?. Is it allowed for people to recommend on here.? I live in Notts.

Anyone Gas Safe Registered with the CENWAT qualification to work on boilers can do it, yes. Maybe a couple of hours' work depending on how long it takes to set up and assuming the boiler itself is in good condition (IE has been regularly serviced and well looked after). I fear you may not have been looking after it if you're asking for a recommendation however! :(

I can't think of anyone up there but someone else might have a suggestion

Sponsored Links
My original post was about the hideaway 60bff with a noisy solenoid. It has now stopped altogether (I tried two registered heating engineers, neither got back). I have found another gas safe engineer who is more reliable. I am trying to speed things up by locating a supplier who might have the right gas valve (this plumber is very busy but at least he turned up).
Muggles, you say these are still around , I emailed Heating Supplies Centre who can't help , can you or anyone suggest an alternative supplier.Gloworm hideaway 60bff 2000461983 installed 2003.
Many thanks if you can help.

My original post was about the hideaway 60bff with a noisy solenoid. It has now stopped altogether (I tried two registered heating engineers, neither got back). I have found another gas safe engineer who is more reliable. I am trying to speed things up by locating a supplier who might have the right gas valve (this plumber is very busy but at least he turned up).
Muggles, you say these are still around , I emailed Heating Supplies Centre who can't help , can you or anyone suggest an alternative supplier.Gloworm hideaway 60bff 2000461983 installed 2003.
why would he have a problems sourcing a gas valve ?? gas engineers prefer to get their own materials anyway;)

Many thanks if you can help.

Plumbase, Plumb/Parts Center, City Plumbing. None will have one on the shelf (unless you live near Plumbase in Fairford, who have five in stock) but all can order for next day delivery

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back