God

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was having a chat with my kids today 'dad are people who believe in god less intelligent?'

Well no i said, "because i know some very intelligent people who.. hmm yes believe in god and Jesus and.." Well i thought to myself, every person on this planet has intelligence to reason. So..

Why haven't they worked out most of them story books have never really answered about Dinosaurs etc, not really given an exact time when he (god or gods) will return, ever has actually intervened and proven to actually do anything tangible to prove his/her existence. Etc. So it's all about Faith? I just dont get it.

In countries people launching a missile saying god is great at others who also worship the same and say he is great also?

We have close friends who are of a christian 'flavour' they utterly denounce g@y people etc, wwhy? Didn't god create them? They are all so contradictory, why dont they ever just say..wtf?

Answers please.

Sponsored Links
There are no answers.

There is a difference between cleverness and intelligence.
A lot of beliefs are indoctrinated when young and it does last if you can't work it out for yourself.

I, too, cannot understand people believing in such things but then I can't understand why intelligent people like football; the game is so simple and illogical.

What I find most puzzling is sportsmen thanking their god for letting them win, not doing so when they lose but the other side then thanking the same god for their win. Americans are good at this, for some reason; they don't seem to realise the flaw.
That is illogical faith in the illogical.

You could say the same about poor people voting Conservative and/or revering the Monarchy.

Dont get me wrong i know people who i would regard more intelligent than me possibly on an academic level at least so im not implying they aren't clever people.

I can understand people like Football, but that's different isn't it? They believe their team can win, and they may well manage this, perhaps never, but at least their belief and faith is backed up by them actually existing, winning or not.

Dont get me wrong i know people who i would regard more intelligent than me possibly on an academic level at least so im not implying they aren't clever people.
I think they are the clever ones - ones who have learned a lot; they may not be too intelligent left to their own devices.

I can understand people like Football, but that's different isn't it? They believe their team can win, and they may well manage this, perhaps never, but at least their belief and faith is backed up by them actually existing, winning or not.
It is different but I was not referring to the team loyalty.
I just don't understand how intelligent people can like the game.

Sponsored Links
I know for fact God Buddha exists, he blessed Leicester football team which had odds of 1 chance of winning in 5000! Not sure if other Gods are still alive or merely having a long sleep, but i am sure one day when they awake up, friends be prepared there won't be any quarks left in the entire universe. There can be 1 God, but there can be 2 Gods too , but there can be no God too, how much intelligent do you need to be to work out that probability?

I know for fact God Buddha exists, he blessed Leicester football team which had odds of 1 chance of winning in 5000! Not sure if other Gods are still alive or merely having a long sleep, but i am sure one day when they awake up, friends be prepared there won't be any quarks left in the entire universe. There can be 1 God, but there can be 2 Gods too , but there can be no God too, how much intelligent do you need to be to work out that probability?

And Leicester won, that's a historical fact. The rest of your answer is beating round the bush ;)

:) It seems there is no real difference but we knew what we meant.

At least we worked out religion is nonsense.

Am reminded of South Park - "If dolphins are so smart; why do they live in igloos?"

And Leicester won, that's a historical fact. The rest of your answer is beating round the bush ;)
Yes they won against all odds, thats a fact, Buddha's blessing done it, thats a fact, so you don't go around beating the bush either and tell your son that 49/50th of the world's population can't be wrong, and 1/50th is where I would say lies the problem and requires updating intelligence.

BTW, there is no such thing as beating around the bush in reality, so you need to update your intelligence. (update version is beating around the quarks)

Yes they won against all odds, thats a fact, Buddha's blessing done it, thats a fact, so you don't go around beating the bush either and tell your son that 49/50th of the world's population can't be wrong, and 1/50th is where I would say lies the problem and requires updating intelligence.

BTW, there is no such thing as beating around the bush in reality, so you need to update your intelligence. (update version is beating around the quarks)

Which Budhha is this, do they have a registered address or some form of ID?

You like your Quarks? Is that the dairy product or subatomic matter, does it matter? :confused:

Fatfred, you really wanted to say that people who believe in a God are of lower intelligence, and you used your inquisitive son into this, I wonder how old your son is, and if he knows anything about Quantum Physics and the theory of entanglement ? If he knows already, well and good but if not, he can see educational videos on Utube. (I have hand picked one below.)

He would realise that intelligence has nothing to do with God believing, certain things cannot be seen, detected, or otherwise, take subatomic particles that can behave strangely when being observed, and when not being observed, or when we want to observe something we think should exist, but upon searching everywhere we don't find it and we get very disappointed, but worry not, it is not the end of the universe, God has tricks up his sleeve, God is a quark too, spinning left and sometimes right, other times when you want to try and catch him he does a runner, hence no one has been able to catch him so far, but he is there according to quantum mechanics, but we cannot see everything that there is, 85% of the matter is unseen, or dark matter and dark Energy, and some things can be at two place at once, if you try to be at two places at once, you would split your groin, in which case one could say fatfred has balls in two places at once, I hope that makes sense.

Quantum physics defies logic as we know, did I not tell you when we last discussed about God that he is energy, so are you saying Energy does not exist? There is both negative and positive energy, when in equilibrium, there is zero net result or Nothing, when a small fluctuation occurs ( who causes this fluctuation I don't know or how this small fluctuation occurs i don't know) but something must cause this small fluctuation and the net result of negative and positive energy becomes imbalanced, and this can result in either negative or positive energy dominating over its counterpart, if positive energy wins, all hell breaks loose, and a mighty bang occurs and a universe is created, the rest is all science, I don't know why a small fluctuation occurred and who caused it, but common sense says it must have been caused by something or someone we cannot see. Nothing ever happens or moves unless someone pokes a finger.

After all things don't just happen by themselves do they?

Here is a hand picked link for you and your son to improve your intellect (no offence take) we all have duffere#nt levels of intellect yet we believe in things one way or another, hence God believing or Atheism does not require intellect.

Now don't be surprised i for a change brought Science into God thread to explain why some of you cannot see God!:cool: But I can see him everywhere at once, and yet at the same time when I am trying to ask him a question he dodges me as if he hadn't seen me, he doesn't like entangling with us directly, he might send his representative and answer our questions that we have for him. God says use your loaf he has given you, he can't help it if we are so thick!

Last edited:
I've taken the old lady to church a few times and there seems to be a lot going on. I think the ministers that run these churchs have moved away from militant style worship and are more community orientated. It depends on what tier church as well, the one we sometimes go to is very low order, relaxed. The higher up you go, blokes start wearing robes and sh1t like that, taking themselves to seriously, holier than thou attitude.

In the future I think church ministers and religious officials will just be community support workers, with the occasional mention of god, and throw a few quotes from the bible in there... because all that gospel ****, preaching - doesn't serve humanity much anymore. It can still work, just without all the fear, retribution and militantism. The technological age has cast a great big light over what religion is and can do for us, so it's never going to be like it was. I'm proud to be a christian because I think we are over the worst of it in terms of what it means to be christian. Judaism and Islam IMO are ****ed up, and need radically bringing into the new age... all that stoning women to death and chomping a kids foreskin off (mutilating a child at birth) .. will be seen as perserve abuse when later generations look back.

I was having a chat with my kids today 'dad are people who believe in god less intelligent?'

Well no i said, "because i know some very intelligent people who.. hmm yes believe in god and Jesus and.." Well i thought to myself, every person on this planet has intelligence to reason. So..

Why haven't they worked out most of them story books have never really answered about Dinosaurs etc, not really given an exact time when he (god or gods) will return, ever has actually intervened and proven to actually do anything tangible to prove his/her existence. Etc. So it's all about Faith? I just dont get it.

In countries people launching a missile saying god is great at others who also worship the same and say he is great also?

We have close friends who are of a christian 'flavour' they utterly denounce g@y people etc, wwhy? Didn't god create them? They are all so contradictory, why dont they ever just say..wtf?

Answers please.

Homosexuality was seen as a sin probably because when all these scriptures were written by blokes back in the desert, life expentancy was very short and the mortality rate probably very high (death from disease or malnutrition) - hence why Adam couldn't afford to be ****ing Steve and not Eve - i.e. babies need ASAP. The Pagans used to **** their animals, i.e. woman would play with the donkey's massive cock while the fella went out for weeks at a time foraging. It is what it is.

Fairth is generally moving in the right direction now.. how many fundementalists do you come across now? (even online there are few). More and more athiests/agnostics year on year.

I don't particularly like queers myself but I wouldn't denounce them, just don't want to see and hear about it every five minutes.

Sponsored Links
Back