Going into an insulated loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was given a job to fix a leaking cold water storage tank in someone's loft. I phoned the customer and they told me that their loft was NOT boarded and had 350mm of loft insulation.

I refused to do the job due to H & S, knowing that if I went into the loft and the ceiling came down then I would be liable.

What would you guys of done?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Why not explain the danger and take some boards? Get them to agree and sign to confirm that there insulation will be squashed. Charge for the timber.

I was given a job to fix a leaking cold water storage tank in someone's loft. I phoned the customer and they told me that their loft was NOT boarded and had 350mm of loft insulation.

I refused to do the job due to H & S, knowing that if I went into the loft and the ceiling came down then I would be liable.

What would you guys of done?

Andy

I know the feeling I'went to look at some work on a new build loft work,storage for what wouldn't fit into the house These houses are total con Georgian front door and fluted columns, big lounge and tha'ts your lot everything else is from micro land that includes the stair way also turning through 180 d and walled all round the trussed roof timbers were also micro sized the only thing that was big was the space between the trusses I had to walk away I could have done more damage than the job was worth just getting the materials in, then one foot through the ceiling and its all over, I am afraid I left them arguing in the front room surronded by wardrobes that wouldn't go upstairs or take to bits

Sponsored Links
I was given a job to fix a leaking cold water storage tank in someone's loft.Andy

I know the feeling
Welcome to the world of Sussex Shyte Building :mrgreen: . I`ve just done a similar job -for a M8( aren`t they always :rolleyes: ) I boarded an access way to the unreachable CWSC then left a small aluminium ladder bolted in place to access the ballvalve :eek: Cost of materials £0.00 . Cost of job £20 . Don`t you wish I was Your Plumber :mrgreen:

Back